POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How much will PoVRay cost? : Re: How much will PoVRay cost? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much will PoVRay cost?
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 19 Mar 2002 03:52:29
Message: <3c96fc4d$1@news.povray.org>

> I was (and I am still) convinced that someone has done some calculations
> see what amount of money is necessary to keep PoV up as it is. Why not?

    Pov-Ray development cost nearly nothing. The server for the newsgroup
and home page do, but they are not Pov-ray. Pov-Ray development has long
been a labor of love, mostly done by volunteers who want to do it and might
even pay for the privilege (has anyone thought about tapping that source?).
Your assumptions are wrong and your presumptions are insulting. It may be a
language difficulty, but your continued posts make me think it is just that
you are trolling.