POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : please... : Re: please... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: please...
Date: 19 Mar 2002 03:49:24
Message: <3c96fb94@news.povray.org>
> I think this is fairly natural, imagine you were working for a non profit
> organization without getting money like a volunteer firefighter and you
> were being asked what you will charge for your services next year.

Depends on the costs. The volounteers wouldn't see a cent for their work.
The money would have to be used for Web-access, news server, compilers and
other stuff.
You guys all think just in one way: earning money to get rich.

> > .) it is not unusual that excellent freeware turnes to shareware at some
> > point to keep up web sites, support and development.
>
> But you probably know that a lot of those programs get out of development
> or drop into insignificance after that for obvious reasons.

Yes but why? Because too many people stop using the software just because
they would have to pay a small fee to support it! As long as it is free
everyone is enthusiastic, if it comes to give some credit to the developers,
they are all gone and the software has to die.
Exactly the same reason why a lot of guys got angry in here!

I don't expect anyone to get rich on that. This is not the reason for such a
fee.
But I don't want to repeat myself.

regards
SY