POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist : Re: Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray wishlist
From: Rune
Date: 17 Mar 2002 19:31:54
Message: <3c95357a@news.povray.org>
I think this wish list proves how important it is to get fresh ideas and
inspiration from the new users who join our community.

Also, as Corey have already explained how the features should work, the
actual implementation can't be very difficult. I mean, the hard work of
coming up with the feature ideas has been done already.

Of course, changes like these can't be done overnight. It takes hard work
from the developers and also quite a while to debug. We can't have it all at
once. So I suggest that the Shreck primitive gets implemented in beta 14,
the forward raytracing in beta 15 and the rest in beta 16.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk