POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist : Re: Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray wishlist
From: Tony[B]
Date: 17 Mar 2002 18:58:20
Message: <3c952d9c@news.povray.org>
> 1. Everyone knows pov is slow as molasses. Lets just throw out the old
> deprecated C and convert the whole program to ASM. Everyone has
> Pentiums now anyway.

LOL, I remember when I was foolish enough to suggest things like this. Good
times, good times... :)

> 2. With the speed afforded to us from improvement number one we can now
> throw out all the old hacks that give us refection and refraction in favor
> for a much better system: Forward ray tracing.

ROFL...

> 3. I don't know about you guys but this typing crap is hard. It's the new
> millennium and time for a GUI. Lets mimic a proven formula for
productivity
> and intuitiveness. A system that is both easy to use and feature rich. All
> you real CG experts of course know I'm talking about the interface found
in
> Bryce! I mean those arrows are so pretty! How come pov doesn't have pretty
> arrows?

ROFLMAO... Now, seriously, typing rules, but if you want a modelling GUI
look into Moray, Hamapatch, and/or Rhino.

> 4. I like listening to music when I'm modeling, but it's such a pain to
> alt-tab back and forth between pov and winamp, why don't we make pov a
> winamp plug-in?

Waaahhhaahahaha... You're hilarious!

> 5. Speaking of winamp, isn't about time that pov's UI was skinnable?!

A cute idea, but a waste of precious memory/cycles.

> 6. CSG would be a lot easier if we had more primitives to work with. Cubes
> and spheres were great in preschool but the world is a complex place and
we
> need complex shapes to describe it. Here are my suggestions for some new
> primitives: Dodecahedron, Buckyball, Leggo brick, Shreck

You're seriously underestimating CSG and being lazy.

> 7. Its so much fun to return to the pov site after the beta expires to get
> the next one! It makes sure I visit regularly and I have the newest
version.
> I think that the final version should expire as well, even if there aren't
> any new versions to download.

???

> 8. While I commend whoever wrote the tutorials, FAQs, and docs that come
> with pov we all know that nobody reads them. How about we convert them all
> to wav files? If pov becomes a winamp plugin then it would integrate
nicely.

Feel free to record yourself reading them...