POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OT: Planet and cloud tutorial (Lightwave & PS) : OT: Planet and cloud tutorial (Lightwave & PS) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  OT: Planet and cloud tutorial (Lightwave & PS)
From: Michael Smith
Date: 15 Mar 2002 23:47:06
Message: <3c92ce4a@news.povray.org>
Sorry for the OT but this may be of interest to some:

http://personal.southern.edu/~dascott/tutorial01/nasa-earth.htm

http://personal.southern.edu/~dascott/tutorial02/cloudcomp.htm

The specular color and other things make it obvious which is real
and which is rendered. But irregardless it's interesting to see some
of the features available in Lightwave. I don't know if povray or some
incarnation of povray has all those features (I know it has some or
most). Would be nice though.

The cloud tutorial is of particular interest if you have a cloud texture
with missing data at the poles.

Unfortunately some links are broken.

Regards,

Mike