POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Needle [WIP] : Re: Needle [WIP] Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:12:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Needle [WIP]
From: Hugo
Date: 15 Mar 2002 17:13:30
Message: <3c92720a@news.povray.org>
Hi Corey,

I tried to improve the media and maybe you haven't tried this:

      material {
        texture {
          pigment {  rgbf <1,1,1,.8>  }
          finish {
            ambient 0
            specular .7
            roughness .25
          }
        }

        interior {
          media {
           #declare Color=<1,.98,.96>;
           #declare opacity=36;
           #declare Diffuse=.6*opacity;
           scattering {1,10*Diffuse extinction
(1/(Diffuse+.0001))*opacity*1.75}
           absorption rgb (1-Color)*10*Diffuse
           intervals 14
           samples 1,150
           method 3
        //   density {bumps
        //        scale .00005}
          }
        ior 1.04
        }
      }
    }

.... I disabled radiosity in my tests... Well, I don't think the above looks
perfect but at least it renders more quick.. I'm not so experienced with
media.. Maybe someone else will help you too.

Regards,
Hugo