POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : max_gradient warning can't be turned off with -gw : Re: max_gradient warning can't be turned off with -gw Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: max_gradient warning can't be turned off with -gw
From: Rune
Date: 9 Mar 2002 10:37:44
Message: <3c8a2c48$1@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" skrev:
> -gw is the incorrect switch to "turn off all warnings".
> it turns off the warning stream, which is no the same.

Very confusing and not at all clear from the documentation. Which warnings
are not part of the warning stream, and which streams do they belong to
then?

> Does the described problem when using -gw occur with
> a regular end of rendering

yes.

> a stopped rendering

no.

> a rendering terminated by some error?

no.

> Do these warnings get redirected to a file correctly
> when only redirecting the warning stream?

I can't say, as I don't know what the desired behavior is or how it's
supposed to be used. I may understand it if you answer the questions at the
top of this message.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)