POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Searching help for role-playing-game-project using POVRAY : Re: Searching help for role-playing-game-project using POVRAY Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching help for role-playing-game-project using POVRAY
From: Kabo
Date: 8 Mar 2002 03:20:59
Message: <3c88746b$1@news.povray.org>
Our game project is not really 3D. We use a 2D game engine and all grafics
are pre-rendered. So DirectX is quite suitable, because it allows high frame
rates by less programming effort. Of course, it's a bit more complex than
copying all grafics together on screen. We use some nice tricks to separate
the objects from their shadows and so on.