POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : scenefile parsing : Re: scenefile parsing Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:52:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scenefile parsing
From: Thomas Willhalm
Date: 6 Mar 2002 02:38:08
Message: <3c85c760@news.povray.org>
Ron Parker wrote:

> However, the parser expects to be
> able to go back and reread data it's already seen, and it expects to be
> able to do so by opening a file and doing a seek.

I'm a little bit surprised by this, because - according to the docs
Section 6.2.2.5 - you can pipe a scene to povray. Is the complete scene
buffered internally?

Anyway, you can of course uncompress a scene file on the fly using zcat.
This would at least save hard disc space, but you probably know all this.

Thomas