POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : POV Memory : Re: POV Memory Server Time
30 Apr 2024 02:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV Memory
Date: 5 Mar 2002 08:59:45
Message: <3c84cf51@news.povray.org>
>   Thinking about it, it actually doesn't need any floats at all. Just
> create a unit-cube by default and let the transformations do the rest.
>   So in fact it requires 0 floats.

So you need no memory at all since all is done in the transformations. just
few bytes to distinguish between a base-sphere, a base-box, a base-cone
the most complex scene only needs few bytes then.

For the same reason we can recursively compress a file until it is 1bit in
size (which is the information -the file is there-).

regards
SY