POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A vexing problem starting with the help file issue : Re: A vexing problem starting with the help file issue Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A vexing problem starting with the help file issue
From: Tom Melly
Date: 5 Mar 2002 08:42:16
Message: <3c84cb38$1@news.povray.org>
"Sir Charles W. Shults III" <aic### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

<snip>

Hang on, I'll d/l 3.1 and see if the file on the server is corrupt (or at least
whether I run into similiar problems).

Nope - no problems here. You could try d/l via ftp (if you've been using the web
d/l). The only reason I can think of that this might solve the problem is if
you're getting a bad cached copy of the exe. Have you tried using the
alternative interface to whatever you previously used (i.e. web vs. ftp)? Hmm, I
wonder if you're software is d/l in ascii mode or something stupid like that?

Alternatively, I could place the copy of the install exe that I used on another
site, since I know it's a good one.