POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Topographic map to height field? : Re: Topographic map to height field? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Topographic map to height field?
Date: 4 Mar 2002 09:11:32
Message: <3c838094$4@news.povray.org>
> Does anybody have a program that can actually convert the DEM
> that *I* have to TGA?

You mean the topographic/biosphere/environmental stuff?
I once started to write a prog for it but then I saw at the first tests with
the (heightfield only) files that 1km resolution is useless unless you
render a whole planet as seen from outer space....

so for now there is only the heightfield proc which doesn't have any user
interface. so better use the tools available from the net.