POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural default human skin normal & finish in English? : Re: Procedural default human skin normal & finish in English? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural default human skin normal & finish in English?
From: Anto Matkovic
Date: 1 Mar 2002 17:06:35
Message: <3c7ffb6b@news.povray.org>
this one (makeup) was:

#declare makeup_color = rgb <0.6, 0.3, 0.1>;

#declare skin_makeup =
        texture {pigment { shader {shader_file "skin.slp"
                              "As"  1
                              "skinColor"  makeup_color}}
finish {ambient c01*0.05+0.2 diffuse 0.6
specular 0.7 roughness 1/20 brilliance 4
metallic 0.5
}}

How you will place it, this depends of kind of object:
In one render I used twice patterned texture_map:
gradient, with one strip through the eyes, which contains scaled leopard
In second, I used UV mapping from imported objects, on mesh 2,; this is
much easier.
In third, I used UV mapping from imported objects, on bezier patches; this
needs applying a texture to every single patch.
-in case of blobs, you only need to apply a texture to single blobs.

Anto
ant### [at] matkoviccom
http://matkovic.com/anto