POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Procedural default human skin normal & finish in English? : Re: Procedural default human skin normal & finish in English? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:22:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedural default human skin normal & finish in English?
From: Anto Matkovic
Date: 28 Feb 2002 17:30:57
Message: <3c7eafa1@news.povray.org>
Well, thanks for thanks...
General idea for hair finish, esspecially for blonde or red or brunnete is
again this, metallic 1,
or avoiding white highlights.
Next is playing with Greg Ward Larson anisotropic snader, producing
something like a burning red hair (this one also needs POVMan):
#declare hair_tex_aniso =
texture{

ent{
     shader{
       shader_file "aniso.slp"
      "xroughness" 0.1
      "yroughness" 0.7
       "brush_direction" <0,0.5,0>
       "Kd" 1
       "Ka" 1
       "Ks" 1.4
       "Cs" hair_color
}}
finish{ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.32}
normal {bozo 0.2 scale hair_scale}
}

#declare hair_tex_standard =
texture{
    pigment{
      hair_color}
finish{ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.6 specular 0.4 roughness 1/100 metallic 1}

}
#declare hair_texture = texture { bozo scale hair_scale
texture_map {[0 hair_tex_aniso]
                    [0.3 hair_tex_aniso]
                    [0.6 hair_tex_standard]
                    [1 hair_tex_standard]}warp { reset_children}}