POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tiling onto a sphere? : Re: Tiling onto a sphere? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiling onto a sphere?
From: Chris Jeppesen
Date: 28 Feb 2002 16:04:01
Message: <3c7e9b41$1@news.povray.org>
There is a patch in MegaPov which allows you to use frequency, phase, and
once for spherical image maps. As is, it allows you to cut the map up into
strips which would then run pole to pole. I added to it the ability to use
two frequencies and two phases in order to cut a map up into tiles. So far I
have only used my patch privately. Email me privately if you want more info.

Are you using this with the Blue Marble dataset? That's what I am using it
for.