POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : chr(0) problem : Re: chr(0) problem Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chr(0) problem
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Feb 2002 07:28:43
Message: <3c7e227b@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

> From documentation: "Depending on what platform you are using, they may not be
> fully supported for console output. However they will appear in any text file
> if you re-direct a stream to a file."
>
> When I tried it with #warning it produced the same error message.
>
> So, does it means bug ? Should I repost it into beta-test ?

Well, whatever the documentation wants to say with this, a "\0" is converted
to a backslash in at least 3.1 and 3.5.  It is obvious that "\0" cannot be
supported because C strings use it as terminator, so it should probably be
removed from the documentation altogether.

BTW, note that the quote you provided only talks about output streams, not the
file #write directive!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde