POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : hdri again (a solution, not a question) : hdri again (a solution, not a question) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  hdri again (a solution, not a question)
From: John Bradshaw
Date: 28 Feb 2002 00:41:57
Message: <3c7dc325@news.povray.org>
I have read the previous (several) posts about hdri, know about MLPov, but
wanted to make an additional suggestion. Disclaimer: I haven't tried this
method, but it looks like it could work.

For an approximation of the lighting from an HDR lightprobe image, you can
use a plugin for HDR shop which will dump out coordinates for lights (in
several formats, but for pov most useful is probably text) that will give a
similar lighting effect to a true HDR image environment map.

I'd be interested in the results of this if anyone tries it. Hell, I may
even try it myself.

here's the link:
http://www.ict.usc.edu/~jcohen/lightgen/lightgen.html

John