POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : No Quit in OS X : Re: No Quit in OS X Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No Quit in OS X
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 27 Feb 2002 06:52:03
Message: <3c7cc863@news.povray.org>
In article <3c7cb62e@news.povray.org> , "Wolfgang Thaller"
<wol### [at] gmxnet> wrote:

> A program that refuses to quit when I want it to usually
> ends up being forced to quit.

Well, there are times when you don't want POV-Ray to "Quit" immediately, i.e.
only proper termination will allow compressed Pict images or QT movie files to
work.  Sure, you can still "break" it in Mac OS X by sending a Quit apple
event from an external application at this time, but doing so is much harder
than just hitting the "wrong" Quit menu item...

>> [...] this nonsense menu [...]
>> [...] just to support the stupid ideas of
>> zero usability.
>
> You seem to have strong opinions here that are just about the opposite of my
> own, so I won't try to force you to add what you obviously consider
> "pointless bloat" to your code - if these problems keep bugging me, I can
> still do it myself _if_ it's really worth the time.

I am still counting on the user interface of Mac OS X to be fixed in the
future once it is noticed how the user base and satisfaction starts to
decline...

>> In case you don't know, packages appear as simple folders in Mac OS
>> versions that don't support packages, so they work transparently.
>
> I do know. But they don't look nice as folders.

They really don't, but at least they work :-)

    Thorsten