POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Filling in T values in splines : Re: Filling in T values in splines Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Filling in T values in splines
From: Rune
Date: 26 Feb 2002 01:19:37
Message: <3c7b28f9@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" wrote:
> These macros never got finished...as I mentioned, I
> couldn't test them properly because of bugs in the
> spline feature, so I never finished or documented them.
> I think the constant spline method works though...

Thanks for commenting them.

I will use these macros for inspiration but create some new ones from
scratch that work differently both for the user and internally. Where
applicable I want the macros to work like they are properties of the spline
that can be set, for example I want the constant speed option to be
specified inside the spline definition, like with the other macros I've
shown the syntax for so far. I also want to have the constant speed macro
have access to the control points specified by the user, so that even with
few samples and intervals it will at least go though the control points
specified by the user. When using linear splines, this gets crucially - a
linear spline based on "random" points from a different linear spline will
be all wrong. Instead, when linear spline is used I only want to modify the
T values.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)