POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specular reflection color : Re: Specular reflection color Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specular reflection color
From: Michael Smith
Date: 25 Feb 2002 21:56:11
Message: <3c7af94b@news.povray.org>
bob h wrote in message <3c7aef98@news.povray.org>...

>Well, I'm not sure I can be of any help to you.  Thing is, specular
>reflection is already the light source color unless the material
>reflecting it back is metallic.  So I don't understand why you think
>it is blue. Sorry.

Perhaps poor wording on my part, Bob...

>The major problem with that and what you want to do is probably
>that the highlight will blend with the background pigment,

Exactly. That's what I want to change somehow.

Take that photo I linked to - if POV-Ray ran the universe the water
reflection would be various lighter shades of the *apparent* color
of the water (blue) rather than the actual color (none) of the water.

What I need to do is find a way to make POV-Ray mimic water
reflections.

>therefore it takes a light color lacking in the object color to
>prevent the blending.

Yes, but that would make the rest of the image look wrong. You'd
need a yellow-orange light source color to cancel out the blue.

>And if so, reflection alone, without highlights, might be the easy
>answer. Not sure.

I think any reflection type I use will take on the color of the
imagemap. I wasjust wondering if there was any way to change
this.

Regards,

Mike