POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Rune
Date: 24 Feb 2002 11:55:10
Message: <3c791aee@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   It's probably possible, but thought to be unnecessary.

Yet it's a known fact that things very close to the focal point are jaggy.

And thinking about it, just like normally, the AA would only kick in where
necessary, so using normal AA settings together with focal blur would
probably only activate the AA on small amounts of the pixels, thus meaning
that it wouldn't even be much slower. (It's logical, I just didn't realize
it before.) I think it should be allowed. This is a feature request!

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)