POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] contained_by syntax : Re: [doc] contained_by syntax Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [doc] contained_by syntax
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 Feb 2002 13:21:33
Message: <3c77ddad@news.povray.org>

Skiba <abx### [at] babilonorg>  wrote:

> In 6.5.4.1 and  6.5.5 there is a sentence: "This container can either be a
> sphere or a box, both of which use the standard POV-Ray syntax." It's not
> truth. You can't use Object_ID in box{} or spfere{} and you can't use obect
> modifiers. This is obvious for advenced users but can be hard to understand
> for beginers. Perhaps something better could be: "This container can either be
> a sphere or a box, both of which use the basic POV-Ray syntax: coordinates."

This is overkill.  I really not see a point in tweaking the docs until a
lawyer would accept them.  The current text is really clear enough and given
the examples it is easy to figure out if someone should make the extremely
unlikely mistake you want to change the docs for.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.