POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Graph Paper Texture : Graph Paper Texture Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Graph Paper Texture
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 22 Feb 2002 21:56:07
Message: <3c7704c7$1@news.povray.org>
I really like my graphpaper background object macro (see "Graphpaper" in
pbi), but it renders very slowly. I suspect it is the layered texture with
large amounts of transparency. It also cannot be placed on an object as well
as it does on the flat surfaces of my background. So I was looking for
another way to do it. I think quilt is the most likely pattern, but I don't
seem to be able to get a sharp enough curve. Is there a better way to do
what I want?

--
    First snow, then silence.
    This thousand dollar screen dies