POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : looking for antialiasing critical scenes : Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking for antialiasing critical scenes
From: Jan Walzer
Date: 22 Feb 2002 09:34:18
Message: <3c7656ea@news.povray.org>
> Basically, you have to compute the color of an area of texture, not just
> one point.
>
> 1: Use distance-based blurring on the texture. Beyond a certain
[....]
> techniques to compute the color. One possible way to do this would be to
> fire a pair of slightly different rays (or maybe 3 rays?) and calculate
> the angle between them. The only disadvantage this would have would be
> speed.

You know, you can always construct scenes (intentionally), that will breake
this algo ...

I would simply try to create _VERY_ small structures...
either I will produce still moires or your algo would be simply inaccurate

basically you wil always have problems, with scenes that produce
moire-patterns ...