POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gamma: monitor & #default_settings : Gamma: monitor & #default_settings Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:58:38 EDT (-0400)
  Gamma: monitor & #default_settings
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Feb 2002 17:16:53
Message: <3c7571d5$1@news.povray.org>
My last IRTC anims may have been a disaster for "darkness."   I saw it on
two monitors and there was the intended "mood lighting."  I saw it on
another PC and it was largely black!  I did not appreciate the irtc voters'
comments to this effect until I saw it on a third PC.

Sooo, can anyone point me to basic pointers on:

1) what *monitor*  contrast & brightness settings give one the 'povray
community standard' gamma?

2) what *code* one should use one's playing with the fire of 'dark lit
rooms' and wants to still be visible.  Is it always necessary to set an
assumed gamma??