POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : particles and moving objects : Re: particles and moving objects Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:59:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particles and moving objects
From: Rune
Date: 21 Feb 2002 13:51:00
Message: <3c754194@news.povray.org>
"Simon Adameit" wrote:
> > Wow, are you too developing a particle system?
> > Seems to be quite a trend! ;)
>
> Not really. I just saw all those particle animations
> and this made me want to play a bit with such things.

If you have little experience with particle systems I wouldn't recommend
collision detection with moving objects as the first thing to implement...

> Does your system also work with non moving particles?

I don't understand. The whole point of particle systems is to make the
particles move dependent on certain criteria as far as I have understood. My
system does however have support for creating images and not just
animations, but the particles still "move" in the virtual space of the
simulation calculations before the result is presented in the image.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)