POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 21 Feb 2002 01:50:22
Message: <3c7498ae@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3C7### [at] onlineno>,
>  Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] onlineno> wrote:
>
> > I think that it would be a great pity if
> > a POV-patch were to perform tessellation
> > of an object without providing the possi-
> > bility to texture different copies of it
> > differently.
>
> I wasn't talking about copies, but an alternate rendering method. A
> "tesselate" flag that would cause the object to be tesselated and
> rendered (and traced) as a mesh. Copies would be textured the same way
> any other object copies are textured.

Question:  Would it be appropriate for, say, "tesselation" to have it's own
block of code inside the object declaration (the same way as texture, media,
interior, etc)?  This way, all tessellation-only transformations /
deformations whatever get grouped together for easy reference.

...Chambers

---