POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : displacement mapping : displacement mapping Server Time
7 May 2024 11:59:18 EDT (-0400)
  displacement mapping
From: John Bradshaw
Date: 20 Feb 2002 12:59:40
Message: <3c73e40c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm finding with my neuron image (p.b.i. if you're curious) that I really
wished I could use displacement mapping instead of just bump mapping. How
hard is this to implement? I'm not asking for the pov team to do it (so
don't start another POV 4 flame session), but wondering if someone knew of
an algorithm and if it would be reasonable to expect that I could use it to
pertrub my mesh (taking into consideration that I am not a hard-core
programmer).

Better yet would be a freeware type program that already does it.

Thoughts?

John