POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Stereoscopic POV-ray : Re: Stereoscopic POV-ray Server Time
8 Jul 2024 14:31:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopic POV-ray
From: Harold Baize
Date: 19 Feb 2002 21:09:31
Message: <3c73055b$1@news.povray.org>
Hermann,
Great. I'm a stereo enthusiast too. Stereo is why I started doing
POV-Ray. I also would be more interested in output as JPS for
use with LCS glasses than anaglyph output.

Do you know of SAB's stereo patch?

http://sabix.etdv.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/sabpov/

It does something similar to what you describe. I tried it but saw
some artifacts in textures, and then POV 3.5 came along and the
patch is for 3.1g. Doing two renders is fine, but the render
time savings from shared data between left-right renders, would really
make your patch worth the effort.

How do you approach the stereo window?

Harold Baize
  http://www.3dculture.com/bm3d