POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation process : Re: Tesselation process Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation process
From: Rick [Kitty5]
Date: 19 Feb 2002 04:49:30
Message: <3c721faa@news.povray.org>
> Sort of, I currently have 6 differents ways to tesselate an object:
>  2 based on marching tetrahedrons, using intersection test (IIRC);
>  4 based on marching cube, using insideness and various way to do the
triangles;
>  (but for the latest 2, I still need to check the PD aspect of the
tesselation,
>  because what I can do ok in my kitchen might not be ok in exported code.)
>
> All workings fine with sphere/box/cone/cylinder/torus, but still need to
check
> with more fancy objects (such as julia_fractal, blob, CSG and so on...).

have you considered assigning standard pov objects (eg sphere) a pre defined
mesh, marching for all non regular objects (such as blobs) then deal with
csg

--

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key