POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : FYI: Shortest code contest has nine entries : Re: FYI: Shortest code contest has nine entries Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FYI: Shortest code contest has nine entries
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 18 Feb 2002 08:37:02
Message: <3c71037e$1@news.povray.org>
Well,
i)    My philosophy is to go with the default settings on the program, as to
impress folks with the granduer possible with--cough-- 500 bytes...  If you
urgently need another gamma, shouldn't that be part of your code?  Your last
statement involved a bunch of +switches which are completely greek to me.
If a dull 3-year windows user cannot do it, a sharp windows newbie user--the
target audience to impress here-- might find it equally intimidating.
ii)   I never promised different tweakings for every different entry when
that discussion came up--- iirc I stated I was leaning against it.
iii)  Yours don't look that terrible.
iv)  I'll promise a week or two of extra recoding time for anyone seriously
injured by this.
v)   We can still talk about this....