POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Could not save photon map - no photons! : Re: Could not save photon map - no photons! Solved. I think... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Could not save photon map - no photons! Solved. I think...
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 17 Feb 2002 13:44:27
Message: <3c6ffa0b@news.povray.org>
> Dou you use reflecting objects?
Yes

> Do the reflected photons fall onto any other object?
Yes

> Does the spotlight illuminate any target?
Yes, several.

> Does it work with a point light source?
I don't know yet.

I did discover that one object in the scene ( a rather large object) did not
have photons but should have.  Once I added the
photons to it, the file saved.  My guess is without that object's photons,
nothing else would "receive" them.
So your second question was probably the issue.