POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how do I make a closed spline? : Re: To ABX and Ingo (was: how do I make a closed spline?) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: To ABX and Ingo (was: how do I make a closed spline?)
From: Rune
Date: 17 Feb 2002 11:36:11
Message: <3c6fdbfb@news.povray.org>
By the way, I think you missed the big jump in t values I had from 0.2 to
0.8. The spline should actually look like this:

spline {
   cubic_spline
   -10,< 0,0,0>, // P3
   -9, < 1,0,0>, // P4
   -8, < 2,0,2>, // P5
   -2, <-2,0,2>, // P1
   -1, <-1,0,0>, // P2
    0, < 0,0,0>, // P3 red joining point
    1, < 1,0,0>, // P4
    2, < 2,0,2>, // P5
    8, <-2,0,2>, // P1
    9, <-1,0,0>, // P2
   10, < 0,0,0>, // P3 red joining point
   11, < 1,0,0>, // P4
   12, < 2,0,2>, // P5
   18, <-2,0,2>, // P1
   19, <-1,0,0>, // P2
   20, < 0,0,0>, // P3
}

By the way 2, I called the joining point "red" even though the entire spline
is red in the code I posted - D'oh! A leftover from my earlier tests...

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)