POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how do I make a closed spline? : Re: how do I make a closed spline? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how do I make a closed spline?
From: Rune
Date: 17 Feb 2002 10:22:15
Message: <3c6fcaa7@news.povray.org>
"Dave Dunn" wrote:
> One thing I noticed in following this convoluted
> discussion is that the "additional" points at the
> beginning and end of the cubic spline are supposed
> to be (according to the docs) the third from the
> end for the first point and the third from the
> beginning for the last. I have never had any trouble
> using cubic splines (at least in prisms and lathes)
> using this method.

As pointed out before, the cubic spline in the spline{} feature is very
different from the cubic spline used in prisms and lathes. I am well capable
of closing a cubic spline in a prism or lathe, but to close the cubic spline
used in the spline{} feature is a completely different matter, which I have
not yet succeeded in (if it's possible at all).

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)