POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newsgroups web interface issue : Re: Newsgroups web interface issue Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:00:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newsgroups web interface issue
From: Rune
Date: 16 Feb 2002 07:11:23
Message: <3c6e4c6b@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> The refresh is only possible with HTML meta tags
> (take a look at the top of the HTML).  The site
> also uses expire HTTP headers as appropriate (the
> rules are somewhat complicated so I won't go into
> details here).

Is the refresh also required by the rules? I've never seen it on other
pages.

> Newer IE browsers should have an option like
> "Don't dial automatically" or something called like
> that. Not sure where the option is, but it basically
> keeps your browser from opening connections while
> offline.

Err yes, that's why I get a blank page rather than an updated page. The
point is that I'd rather decide myself when to refresh the page so I don't
suddenly get a blank page without any possibility of going back without
going online again. Isn't it possible to change that?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)