POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cubic spline question : Re: Cubic spline question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubic spline question
From: Rune
Date: 16 Feb 2002 06:23:19
Message: <3c6e4127@news.povray.org>
"Hugo" wrote:
> By reading Chris Colefax's spline toturial I found that
> "cubic splines" are a broad class of spline types.

But AFAIK all of them use four control points per segment (because they're
cubic).

> Someone told me, Pov is using "natural cubic splines"..
> That's all I can tell..

I think that all splines in POV-Ray that go under the name "cubic spline"
should be identical, that being in prisms, spline{} or anything else. The
way it currently is seems very inconsistent and IMO strange.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)