POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cubic spline question : Re: Cubic spline question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cubic spline question
From: Rune
Date: 16 Feb 2002 05:07:42
Message: <3c6e2f6e@news.povray.org>
"Mark Wagner" wrote:
> I tried using the four control point method for pure splines,
> but that resulted in sharp turns at the control points.

Funny, I've never had that problem and the splines in prisms don't have it
either.

> The "all control points" method gives a spline that is
> smooth along its entire length (essential for those
> applications that require computing the second
> derivative of the spline).

That's probably a fine spline, but is it a cubic spline or a completely
different type? To have different spline types go under the same name seem
like a very bad thing to do. Is it official POV-Team policy to do that?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Jan 20)