POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Selective Reflection? : Selective Reflection? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:57:52 EDT (-0400)
  Selective Reflection?
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 15 Feb 2002 08:53:53
Message: <3c6d12f1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to be selective on reflection?  Suppose I have 3 red spheres
suspended above a mirrored surface.  Is there anyway to make one of those
red spheres not reflect into the mirrored surface?  (I know I could simply
continue the trace and remove the red sphere after it had rendered them but
not the surface below, but I looking for something like a "no relection"
parameter that could be added to the object so in a more complex scene where
stopping the trace and restarting might not work.

Any ideas?

Patrick Dugan