POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing : Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 14 Feb 2002 07:10:34
Message: <3c6ba93a$1@news.povray.org>
>   You are welcome to suggest an algorithm for that.
Please correct me as soon as I make a stupid mistake :)
Is it possible to compute the intersection of a cone and the objects in the
scene?  Not the intersecting points, but the fact if there is an intersection or
not.
If this is possible, you could shoot cones instead of rays.  If the cone
intersects an object, but the ax of the cone (the traced ray with ordinary
raytracing) doesn't, that pixel should be supersampled.
Might not be possible for every object (isosurfaces for example), but maybe for
enough objects to make it worth implementing?

cu!
--
camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1