POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing : Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing Server Time
7 Aug 2024 05:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More methods? was Re: anti-aliasing
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 14 Feb 2002 01:07:51
Message: <3c6b5437@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3c6ad4df@news.povray.org>,
>  "Ben Chambers" <bdc### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
>
> > Such a setting belongs in the INI file, not in the scene.
>
> The .ini file is no place for an object-specific attribute.

But it ~is~ the place to place instructions for how to sample a scene.

> Hairs, any kind of cabling, ropes or strings, screens or gratings, chain
> link fences, stars, cracks (like in floors or walls), wood, small
> text...I could come up with more.

You're right, of course, I just wasn't being creative at the time I wrote it
:)

> You can usually get good results with
> with the existing adaptive method, but not always.

True, as with everything.  Another method would be good, not because the
current method is impossible to use, but just to have another tool in your
belt :)

...Chambers