POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : anti-aliasing : anti-aliasing Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:28:38 EDT (-0400)
  anti-aliasing
From: Felix Wiemann
Date: 13 Feb 2002 11:24:59
Message: <3c6a935b@news.povray.org>
Hi,
when I use anti-aliasing and treshold 0.0 (+A0.0) with an empty (black)
scene, every pixel is super-sampled. The doc says every pixel which differs
*more* than threshold is sampled, but that's not true. Try +A0.001: No pixel
is sampled anymore!

Now I use the recursive AA method (+AM2) and use a depth of 2 (+R2). The
messages say: 16.06 (@160x120) / 16.01 (@640x480) samples are taken per
pixel. This is dependent on the resolution, so the pixels in the edges seem
to be handled in a different way. The doc says: At a depth of 2 the maximum
number of taken samples is 25!

Why are the pixels at the edges sampled in a different way than the others
with method 2 (but not method 1)?
Why isn't the maximum number of samples taken?

btw: I use POV-Ray 3.5.
Felix Wiemann