POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 11 Feb 2002 : Re: Known bugs 11 Feb 2002 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 11 Feb 2002
From: bob h
Date: 11 Feb 2002 06:09:54
Message: <3c67a682@news.povray.org>
For what its worth... WinXP, P3, 512MB... still happening in beta 11
(Intel):

Highlight bug #10 (job000137)
(highlights are sometimes visible where they should be in shadow)
http://news.povray.org/3bb4cf08@news.povray.org
{this still seems normals-based to me, not finishes specular
 or phong highlights. but then what do I know ;-)
applying interior_texture without normal or leaving normal
out of the main texture alleviates the problem}

crash inside two #while
(Possibly specific to Windows 2000)
(Thorsten says it's the same as job000179)
http://news.povray.org/3c3f1f29$1@news.povray.org
{yep still crashes, here anyway, and does appear to be the
'something to the power of something' in #while bug
of  job000179 except that one doesn't crash anymore}

panoramic projection bug? (job000196)
(In progress)
http://news.povray.org/avnfut8fof5ualgf8hnrtpl1knlg8828sp@4ax.com
{yes, angle keyword working only if before panoramic keyword}

no_image, merge and shadows (job000198)
(setting no_image to an object in a merge causes that object to stop
casting shadows)
http://news.povray.org/vqfd0ucm5276q9j8sdh34afjliapc1kj0n@4ax.com
{still so, yes}

bug in sphere_sweep for removing parts of an object (job000200)
(discontinuous normals on inverse of sphere_sweep)
http://news.povray.org/3C1A5D47.EA38F6E5@amc.uva.nl
{appears to be normals all right, as evidenced by slicing of the box
in various places, but it's an odd sort of thing with shape.  to clarify,
I could see bevelling along the cut even though the cut itself was
still a perfectly good sphere_sweep surface line}

crash with photons, union, ior, lathe (job000213)
(Intel compile only)
http://news.povray.org/vfra4u0ndv4rf951196881cpt842an4906@4ax.com
{sure does, didn't even leave error message behind}

bug : declared camera with normal statement crashes
http://news.povray.org/3C41A226.7030703@skynet.be
{indeed it does}

[Windows] Save As... with same filename doesn't work
http://news.povray.org/3c44497e$1@news.povray.org
{note that I, bob h, don't see this as a bug at all.
there isn't a crash or error really, just by design}

Re: hollow in light groups
http://news.povray.org/3c21172d$1@news.povray.org
{yes, the camera not in hollow object message still given}

Minor Windows annoyance
http://news.povray.org/3c2bec89@news.povray.org
{note that the 'tip of the day' didn't show when I restored POV-Ray.
that seems the only thing about this, otherwise fine}

Funky fog vs. media
http://news.povray.org/3c642f94$1@news.povray.org
{only a strange red background occurance happens when I check,
otherwise no fog+media problem seen here. the red is due to lack
of fog_alt and fog_offset apparently}

Fixed?:

Light_sources in light_groups don't cast shadows (job000197)
(rendering without light buffers (-UL) puts the shadows back)
http://news.povray.org/3bfd4d63@news.povray.org
{shadows there, whether -ul or +ul used}

Povray main window disappears during rendering
(Possibly the same as the above {not here})
http://news.povray.org/3c1350f4@news.povray.org
{this one only happened to me a couple times in beta 10, and I don't
think any of the supposed related minimized trouble happened.
seemed more a Windows tasking thing to me though}

Hopefully this will help at least a little to let everyone know what's being
experienced by others, such as me.

bob h