POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
19 May 2024 13:54:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Chris Cason
Date: 8 Feb 2002 23:25:39
Message: <3c64a4c3@news.povray.org>
"Tom Galvin" <tom### [at] nospamdataforgecom> wrote in message
>     1) Intro to POV (like an update of raytracing creations).
>     2) POV animation
>     3) POV Hardcore( see the test) Macro madness?
>     4) 3rd party Tools for use with POV(Moray, Rhino, Poser...)

I have sometimes wondered if it would be worthwhile to publish a book in parts,
like those serialized ones we sometimes see on television. It's basically a
limited-run magazine, with perhaps 12 editions published one month apart, each
available via subscription or via the local newsagency (sorry, don't know the
US term, a place that you can buy lost of newspapers and magazines but doesn't
generally sell books).

The advantage of that is that the cost can be incremental, the format is larger
(e.g. normal magazine size), the printing is full-color, they lay flat, and
it allows a user to purchase as his/her own pace (unless they subscribe). Plus
you can buy a special binder that's designed to collect them all together.

-- Chris