POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : concat problem : concat problem Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:50:39 EDT (-0400)
  concat problem
From: Dennis Milller
Date: 7 Feb 2002 16:24:41
Message: <3c62f099$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to use a Targa file in a height field. I'm calling the file via
the following string:
height_field {
tga concat("d:\\povray\\penfilter\\fig", str(1,-2,0), ".tga")

which I would expect to return
height_field {tga "d:\povray\penfilter\fig001.tga"

But I continue to get the message: Error opening TGA image. There are a
series of files in that directory called fig001.tga through fig100.tga, and
when I use the code:

tga "d:\povray\penfilter\fig001.tga"

by itself, the file renders.

I assume there is something wrong with the concat parameters (sorry, I don't
know how to use #debug), but the "-2" above should pad "fig1" with two
zeroes, as in:  "fig001"  correct?
Anyway, maybe it is something with the double quotes? Ultimately, I plan to
use a sequence of Targa files (all 100 of them) and wonder if I can use
str(clock*100,-2,0)
but would POV see "clock" as a text string, or is that a reserved string
that it will correctly see as the clock?

Please let me know if anyone has any specific suggestions.
Thanks very much,
Dennis

--
dhm### [at] mediaonenet