POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : Time for eBooks? : Re: Time for eBooks? Server Time
18 May 2024 12:35:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Time for eBooks?
From: Tom Melly
Date: 5 Feb 2002 09:49:30
Message: <3c5ff0fa@news.povray.org>
"Bill DeWitt" <bde### [at] cflrrcom> wrote in message

>     That's what I thought until I started using them regularly. While they
> will never replace paper for me, I have acquired a taste for reading on the
> screen. I choose a large font and readjust my chair for a more relaxed
> position and move my keyboard so that I can reach the page-down key from
> where my arm naturally lays...

Well, I do that for kareoke... I dunno, it just seems that e-books, with current
technology, and despite the obvious advantages, are, ergonomically, a step
backwards*.

* or is that a step sideways? "Backwards" implies a return to something
abandoned - ancient egyptian lcd's. No, "sideways" is no good, since it isn't
negative. Ah, phooey.