POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 4.00 question : Re: Possible POV Object Scheme (was Re: Pov 4.00 question) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Possible POV Object Scheme (was Re: Pov 4.00 question)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 3 Feb 2002 04:45:13
Message: <3c5d06a9@news.povray.org>
In article <3C5CB5DB.7970FB10@u.arizona.edu> , Kevin Wampler
<wam### [at] uarizonaedu>  wrote:

> In the current scene I'm working on I have been using Icon extensively
> to generate Pov code.

Don't even get me started on Icon.  With its random (well, random to any sane
person) sequences of characters being operators, it can only appear a useful
language to those who designed it.  For everybody else its useless syntax gets
in the way all time.  Readability of a programming language is the most
important asset, and the designers of Icon did a good job.  Given L is a list,
who could tell "every i:=1 to *L/2 do L[i]:=:L[-i]" reverses it?  Not that is
is to be considered obfuscated code at all, no, this is how it is presented in
books that want to teach the language!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: fro### [at] iitedu