POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bolts : Re: Bolts (POV image attatched) 30KB Server Time
19 May 2024 03:39:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bolts (POV image attatched) 30KB
From: Hugo
Date: 1 Feb 2002 16:59:56
Message: <3c5b0fdc@news.povray.org>
> Damn.. that's SO much better than mine :-(

Hi Andrew,

In my opinion, your bolts are slightly better looking than Jaime's, so don't
be TOO sorry please!  It's true that Jaime's version has some things better
than yours: The contrast is better and the metal plate is better textured.
But your bolts look more dusty = a great thing.. They also have scratches
where they have been touched by ...a tool ... you know (I miss the english
word for it)

Jaime's modelling is presumably done with CSG.. That's technically more
efficient than your heightfield, but in this particular case, it looks too
perfect, so your bolts wins here, too... Anyway, both of you have done a
terrific work!  To merge the results would be perfect.

Regards,
Hugo