POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : Publishing on demand. : Re: Publishing on demand. Server Time
29 Apr 2024 19:40:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Publishing on demand.
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 1 Feb 2002 15:26:41
Message: <3c5afa01@news.povray.org>
"Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> wrote in message
> This is a take off on an old idea called "vanity press". These are
> publishers that for fee will publish anything as long as you pay all the
> costs. There is almost no risk for the publisher since they make sure
their
> costs are covered by the writer. Its a route people take when they get
lots
> of rejections. As far as I know no one has every made any money from a
> vanity publication, and there has never been a best seller in this space.
>
> Mitch

Yes it is a spin on the vanity press, but Print On Demand technology has
reduced
the price to a point where it is reasonable.  Also this option allow for
more Titles to
be available, and you don't have to worry about a title being "Out of
Print".  This route
allows niche authors with valid content to be published.