POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
7 May 2024 21:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Bill DeWitt
Date: 1 Feb 2002 12:42:59
Message: <3c5ad3a3@news.povray.org>
"Dean MacIsaac" <dma### [at] starabiliascom> wrote in message
> don't you need to know the font, how many exact pages up front, and
whether
> the ink is environment safe first?  These are all pure logic to me...
>
> I mean as long as the horse is pushing the cart...  Right?

    You're right, especially about the page count. If we aren't doing a 845
page book, I think we should just give it up. I got a 846 page book once and
it was lousy.

    All joking aside, if multiple people are going to work on a book,
choosing a common electronic format is the first step, but more than a
little debate is counterproductive. *.doc is common enough and has enough
emulators. Full MSWord .doc has some features that make writing a manual
much easier.