POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 4.00 question : Possible POV Object Scheme (was Re: Pov 4.00 question) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:20:05 EDT (-0400)
  Possible POV Object Scheme (was Re: Pov 4.00 question)
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 1 Feb 2002 02:32:30
Message: <3c5a448e@news.povray.org>
news:3c59a0c1@news.povray.org...
>   For example, we could have a base class called 'Vehicle' which is a
> generic concept. Then we could specialize a more concrete class 'Car' from
> it. A 'Car' is a 'Vehicle' by all means. 'Car' knows and supports
everything
> 'Vehicle' does. Everything that uses an object of the 'Vehicle' can use an
> object of type 'Car'.

To relate this (hypothetically) to POV, we could have:
Object
    Solid
        Infinite
            Plane
        Finite
            Sphere
            Box
            Cone
    Patch
        Poly
        Mesh
        Bicubic

(This is just a start, of course)

Hmm... Perhaps the "Solids" could be divided into prisms (defined by flat
surfaces, not sure what the technical term is) and curves.

...Chambers